Didn’t come up with any good resolutions for 2018? Neither did we…except that we’re going to keep rowing because we love the sport. If you’re like most of us, New Years resolutions are great goals, but not always realistic or sustainable for the entire year. So here are 5 reasons why learning how to row is a perfect goal for 2018!
- It’s a shorter commitment. Forget trying to workout 365 times this year. Our Learn to Row classes are only once per week, for 10 weeks. The classes are about 2 hours and will get you from newbie to rower by the end of the class!
- You’ll learn something completely new. Too many resolutions are repeats of the same old thing: eat healthier, exercise more, blah blah blah. Rowing will challenge you mentally and physically with new body control and new mental endurance in a totally fun and rewarding activity that is like nothing else you’ve done. Get out of your comfort zone!
- Rowing is literally the perfect workout. The motion and technique of rowing uses muscles across your entire body. You won’t have to worry about coordinating arm day, leg day or abs day – you get the whole package in each rowing session: arms, back, core and legs!
- Spend more time outside. Rowing isn’t like a walk in the park – it’s way better. We row on beautiful, peaceful stretches of the Saginaw River. It’s also an amazing feeling to be close to the water in a small, slender boat and working together with other people to slice through the water.
- You’ll meet great people. Bay City Rowing Club brings together people from all walks of life. Young, experienced – teachers, engineers – individuals, families – you name it. The best time to start rowing is NOW, no matter your age or physical condition.
Want to take the next steps? Our classes don’t start until May or June, but you can still connect with us today. Send us email on our Contact page to tell us you’re interested and we’ll add you to the notification list once our class enrollment opens. You should also connect with the club via Facebook and Instagram to stay informed through our posts. We can’t wait to see you at one of our classes this year!